Home » RDBMS Server » Performance Tuning » Delete statement takes a very long time
Delete statement takes a very long time [message #64975] Mon, 22 March 2004 01:53 Go to next message
hassoun
Hi

1- Oracle version 8 installed on two servers (parallel)

2- Two instance (NNM and OPENVIEW)

My problem is with NNM Database, in NNM there is a procedure that export data to the tables every day, and another procedure that trim oldest data from the tables.

3- The problem is with the trim procedure, It begin but never end (after 24 to 30 hours, usually it takes about 30 minutes to 1 hours), the problem appear for the first time from 20 days, so I deleted the trend tables and recreate them again but yesterday I notice that the problem appears again, today I rebuild the index but same problem.

- How can I troubleshoot a such problem, is there any way to solve or tune the servers (change some parameters,   

TS
Re: Delete statement takes a very long time [message #64977 is a reply to message #64975] Mon, 22 March 2004 05:25 Go to previous message
Thiru
1. Check V$lock etc to see if there are any locks
2. Check V$session_wait , v$session_event to see what the session is waiting for
3. Enable sql trace of this session from a different session and analyze the trace file to see whats going on.

-Thiru
Previous Topic: materialized view
Next Topic: Bind Variables
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 21:21:35 CDT 2024