Home » RDBMS Server » Performance Tuning » Poor performance in database while reporting and batch processing
Poor performance in database while reporting and batch processing [message #65248] Sun, 04 July 2004 23:10 Go to next message
Qavi
Hello ,

i'm facing the problem with oralce reports, reports which used to print in less than 1 min is taking about 10 min now , and i have a batch processing form which used to take 3 min now taking atleast 2 hours to complete, please help me in this regard what issues shall i look in, my HIT RATIO is 80-85 avg

i'm using oracle 9i (production)

Rgds

Qavi

Re: Poor performance in database while reporting and batch processing [message #65252 is a reply to message #65248] Mon, 05 July 2004 11:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
croK
But what are the changes you made?. You said reports used to print in less than 1 min and now takes about 10 min, what did you do?, have you migrated from older db version?, operating system changes?, have you migrated from other server?.......etc..etc...
Re: Poor performance in database while reporting and batch processing [message #65255 is a reply to message #65252] Mon, 05 July 2004 21:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Qavi
Hi croK,

thats the problem i havent changed anything not even the init.ora file ...... just degraded the performance , ofcourse the size of DB is increasing minute by minute....

Rgds
Qavi
Re: Poor performance in database while reporting and batch processing [message #65261 is a reply to message #65255] Wed, 07 July 2004 05:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
croK
It seems you will have to tune your processes.
You will have to explain plan your queries, analyze tables, maybe to add some indexes. I will not care about init.ora parameters, so far. Try to tune the queries involved in your batch jobs first.

Best regards.
Re: Poor performance in database while reporting and batch processing [message #65263 is a reply to message #65261] Thu, 08 July 2004 00:33 Go to previous message
Satheesh Babu.S
Hi,
since ur db performance is going down as db size increase, reason could be
1. You are not gathering statistics properly to support CBO.
2. check the configuration, whether it can take that much load.
3. Fragmention of the segments could be other reason.

If you take the statspack report and see may be you can find out where your are missing.

Thanks and Regards,
Satheesh Babu.S
Bangalore.
Previous Topic: tkprof Output - Unknown parameters?
Next Topic: Health Check - on Enqueues
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 17 21:13:41 CDT 2024