Home » RDBMS Server » Server Utilities » why scott & tiger
why scott & tiger [message #74177] Wed, 29 September 2004 00:21 Go to next message
kiran kumar
respected sir,

I am Kiran Kumar from India. I am stydying MCA. I have one doubt in oracle. that is

"Why we use Scott & Tiger as usename & password respectively?"

please, kindly send answer to me urgently.

yours truely,

kiran kumar.
Re: why scott & tiger [message #74178 is a reply to message #74177] Wed, 29 September 2004 03:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
Nothing specific.
SCOTT/TIGER is the schema distributed by oracle for training purpose / demo. so are Many other schema's like HR,SALES etc.
You can use any schema / user you want.
Re: why scott & tiger [message #74179 is a reply to message #74177] Wed, 29 September 2004 05:53 Go to previous message
Barbara Boehmer
The scott schema was created by Bruce Scott, who was one of the first Oracle employees, so he used his last name as the schema / username. He used the name of a cat, Tiger, as the passsword. Some things that I have read refer to Tiger as his cat, some say it was his daughter's cat, some call it the family cat. Oracle has maintained the tradition of providing the scott schema with password tiger and the accompanying emp and dept demo tables with each version of Oracle. You can connect as system and create whatever schema / users you like, with whatever passwords you like.
Previous Topic: Problem Loading Date/Time Field
Next Topic: ORA-01092: ORACLE instance terminated.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Jul 03 07:31:58 CDT 2024