Home » Server Options » Replication » Replicating a Database to a Remote server
Replicating a Database to a Remote server [message #75038] Fri, 13 April 2001 14:20 Go to next message
Ganeshbabu
i need to know something about replicating objects in a database from a server to another database in a remote server.

I have 2 Windows/NT boxes running oracle,both are servers and i have to create a database say for an order(with 4 tables) in the 2 NT machines.lets name them databse A in server1 and database B in server 2 if i update or modify or do whatever operation to the database A in the server 1 it should automatically get done in the database B in the second server.this is the requirement of the project.

assuming i have set up win NT and installed oracle in both of them

1)how do i make the 2 machines recognise each other(they are in a LAN)?

2)how do i replicate the action in databse A in server 1 to database B in server 2?

3)how do i make this operations succesful by including a front end tool like VB/Dev2000 to input data and test the updation?

4)also if i have datasbe A and database B with 4 tables can i update them as a whole database or can i do them only for a single table at a time?

i have already posted questions regarding this project and got good answers ,but i want to have as many ideas as possible i'm posting this again.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

-ganeshbabu

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Re: Replicating a Database to a Remote server [message #75054 is a reply to message #75038] Fri, 25 May 2001 01:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kishore
I too have the same requirements. Can you
please send me all available answers.

your help would be greatly appreciated

Re: Replicating a Database to a Remote server [message #75062 is a reply to message #75038] Thu, 07 June 2001 18:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ganeshbabu
ya i will soon send the answers.sorry for the dealy.bcos i'm having them on my college computer.please expect a mail from me during the weekend.

Re: Replicating a Database(Oracle 8i) to a Remote server [message #75155 is a reply to message #75054] Thu, 21 March 2002 01:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
D. Narayanan
I too have the same requirements. Can you
please send me all available answers.

your help would be greatly appreciated
Need help too - Replicating a Database to a Remote server [message #75179 is a reply to message #75038] Sat, 18 May 2002 15:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CARLOS
Can anyone send me the asnwers too.
I have the same problem.

Thank you for your help.

Carlos
How do i replicate servers [message #75228 is a reply to message #75038] Tue, 30 July 2002 05:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jay gonzales
I need a solution on replicating remote servers
which type of replication should i used a simple design scheme is mostly appreciated
Re: Replicating a Database to a Remote server [message #75361 is a reply to message #75038] Thu, 01 May 2003 11:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
shashi
too have the same problem please can anybody send a simple script
Re: How do i replicate servers [message #75473 is a reply to message #75228] Fri, 20 February 2004 19:30 Go to previous message
Dev
hi sir
i wanna replicate 2 servers.
one is the database server(win 2000 server) & other is domain controller(win 2000 server) both r running sql servers.
just few files i to have to replicate on transaction level. on each transaction replication is to be done.

so plz help me in this regard.
ok i will wait for ur reply.
Previous Topic: Where calls of a defered transaction in deferror are stored?
Next Topic: Multi-Master Replication over an air-gap
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 11:18:14 CDT 2024