Home » Server Options » Replication » Update everywhere with data ownership
Update everywhere with data ownership [message #75407] Mon, 10 November 2003 15:44 Go to next message
Chen
Hi there,

I have 2 database servers. Site 1 has data A and b where we can only update A at site 1. Site 2 has data a and B where we can only update B at site 2. (in fact A=a and B=b, I use A, a just want to say a's ownership is at site 1 while b's ownership is at site 2).

This looks as update everywhere with data ownership. Or in Master/Slave mechanisms, one site can work as both Master and Slave for specific subset of data in one table.

Does Oracle have this functionality? Or DB2, or any other DBMS?

Thanks a lot!

Chen
Re: Update everywhere with data ownership [message #75408 is a reply to message #75407] Thu, 13 November 2003 07:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
James
Chen,

Using materialized views might be the way to go. What I would do is setup read only materialized views where I do not want updates to take place. So at Site 1, set up a read only materialized view on Site 2's B data. At Site 2 setup a read only materialized view to Site 1's A data. And there you have it.
Re: Update everywhere with data ownership [message #75410 is a reply to message #75408] Thu, 13 November 2003 13:37 Go to previous message
Chen
Thank you very much! James!

It's a good idea. Do you know any DBMS that can implement my situation directly? i.e. setup a sort of master/slave model at row level? PostgreSql could not for sure.
Previous Topic: Locks Generating during Two Phase Commits
Next Topic: schema-level replication
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 07:51:16 CDT 2024