Home » Server Options » Replication » How to replicate offline remote DB's to central DB
How to replicate offline remote DB's to central DB [message #75457] Sun, 08 February 2004 22:16 Go to next message
praveennetha
I have a scenario where there are around 150 Offline Remote Database's using Oracle 8i as backend and I have one Online Cetralize Database. I need to regularly update the Offline remote DB's to Centralize Server . Suggest me a better approach for the above OFFLINE Scenerio.

No DBA's at ALL Remote server's

Thank's in Advance
T.Praveen Kumar

praveen
Re: How to replicate offline remote DB's to central DB [message #75459 is a reply to message #75457] Wed, 11 February 2004 10:56 Go to previous message
ilver
Hi Praveen,
As simple as you explain, I'll suggest you just ship Data, Log and Control -files from the master database to the targets while they're down and then just start them up when the files are in right locations.
It should be a simple task no matter waht OS you'r on, to schedule a shell job
(remeber that Oracle supplies a sheduler to, ( Oracle < 10g "DBMS_JOB".
Oracle => 10g "DBMS_SCHEDULER").
btw
Oracle supports a lot of wery sophisticated distributed computing facilities you mayby should look at. Check the details about replication in general, Materialized víews, Advanced Queueing etc to get a full view of the possible architectures that will suit and satisfy your needs.
/ilver
Previous Topic: Database link not active(It's Urgent)
Next Topic: Materialized views.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 04:17:50 CDT 2024