Home » Infrastructure » Windows » OracleService to stop and start database
OracleService to stop and start database [message #101185] Tue, 08 June 2004 09:45 Go to next message
Monica
I need am confused.  To start and stop a database the following is recommended in metalink.

stop database

stop service

start service

start database

But we also know if you have your service OracleService<SID> set to automatic and regedit ORA_SID_AUTOSTART=TRUE the database will startup upon reboot and if ORA_SID_SHUTDOWN = TRUE the database will be properly shutdown if the system is shutdown.

So my confusion is:  Does "net start OracleService<SID>" start up the database?  If so, why do all the scripts have "net start OracleService<SID> and then "startup"?  What is the purpose of the startup?  If not, how does the database get started upon bootup without the startup?

Does "Net stop OracleService<SID> actually shutdown the database or do I need to proceed with "shutdown immediate"

Monica

Re: OracleService to stop and start database [message #364769 is a reply to message #101185] Wed, 10 December 2008 00:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mamta.neeli
Hi Monica,

Even I have the same doubt...Did you get any idea on this?

Please reply ...

Regards
Mamta
Re: OracleService to stop and start database [message #364785 is a reply to message #364769] Wed, 10 December 2008 00:51 Go to previous message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
Database Platform Guide 10g Release 2 (10.2) for Microsoft Windows
Chapter 5 Administering a Database on Windows

Regards
Michel
Previous Topic: Help ! Ipconfig command unrecognized
Next Topic: Sheduling in windows.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 13:04:35 CDT 2024