Home » Infrastructure » Other Operating Systems » Problems in making Setup.exe & attaching Helpfiles & tags with D2K alongwith Oracle 8.
Problems in making Setup.exe & attaching Helpfiles & tags with D2K alongwith Oracle 8. [message #101698] Mon, 08 April 2002 00:12
Abhinav Gupta
hi there !!!
Lemme introduce myself to u first of all. Well I am Abhinav Gupta and have done MSc(Elect.) & MCA and presently working in a co. in Delhi on ERP project. More precisely, I am working on Oracle 8 & D2K 5. Well, I have got a problem which is how to make an exe of the D2k projects.

In other words, the problem is to make a setup.exe of the software which has been made for a company. By 'setup.exe', I mean that the GUI we usually get when we wanna install some Microsoft Product in which we just have to press OK button again & again.
As we have to keep one thing in our mind that the client is totally illiterate as far as the Computer knowledge is concerned.
The thing is that I want to distribute my project/application as a auto run cd, such that if anyone wants to install my sw, one just has to insert the CD in the CD rom drive and there is no need to make DNS and copying forms & reports manually.All these tasks must be automatic.

What my superiors want out of me that all the tools require to run the sw made by us got installed just by inserting an auto executable CD and by following the on screen instructions. They also want that the D2k runtime gets installed alongwith and the respective icons also get placed on desktop etc.
Kindly show me the way.......

The second thing is that I want to attach help files or help tags along with the fields of my forms made in D2.But, I do not know the solution exacltly.
kindly mail me asap and help me out if anyone knows the solution.
Hoping to get a positive response soon

Thanking you in anticipation.

Abhinav Gupta
Previous Topic: JCL for PRO*C precompile/compile/link and go
Next Topic: Communicating between computers
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 04:07:24 CDT 2024