Home » Other » Client Tools » How to configure URL iSQL*Plus DBA on 10G window Platform
How to configure URL iSQL*Plus DBA on 10G window Platform [message #110014] Wed, 02 March 2005 14:40 Go to next message
dranwar
Hi everyone
I've problem configuring URL iSQL*Plus DBA on oracle 10G Database server rel 1 for windows platform.
I'm adding user's in jazn.jar,but it give message like your JAAS setting is not configure or config/jazn.xml does not exits.
Realm user iSQL*Plus DBA does not exits......
How do i start jazn shell to add user and provide webrole to this user.Is anybody who know the solution,send me the solution I'll really appreciate his assistance.
URL http://localhost:5560/isqlplus/dba.......for 10G oracle database release 1 10.1.0.
Looking forward to reply from anyone........!
Thanks in advance.
Rgds
Dranwar
DBA
OCP
Re: How to configure URL iSQL*Plus DBA on 10G window Platform [message #110894 is a reply to message #110014] Thu, 10 March 2005 18:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jbatista
Look at Doc ID: 276654.1 in MetaLink
Subject: Overview and FAQ for JAAS and JAZN in OC4J
Re: How to configure URL iSQL*Plus DBA on 10G window Platform [message #115696 is a reply to message #110894] Wed, 13 April 2005 13:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
deesto
I don't have a MetaLink account. Could someone please provide the information in the document you've specified in your reply?

I'm having the same problem. I can use sql*plus, but can't connect to 1SQL*Plus. Also can't get into a JAZN prompt, or add the proper permissions via Database Control.

Thank you!

[Updated on: Wed, 13 April 2005 13:22]

Report message to a moderator

Re: How to configure URL iSQL*Plus DBA on 10G window Platform [message #115773 is a reply to message #115696] Thu, 14 April 2005 06:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Maaher
MetaLink content cannot be disclosed just like that.

Sorry.

MHE
Re: How to configure URL iSQL*Plus DBA on 10G window Platform [message #115801 is a reply to message #115773] Thu, 14 April 2005 09:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
deesto
Maaher wrote on Thu, 14 April 2005 07:37

MetaLink content cannot be disclosed just like that.

Sorry.

Okay... then could someone please 'disclose' the method by which an Oracle administrator would gain or grant the permissions needed in order to properly log into iSQL*Plus?

This does not seem like information that should be treated as 'confidential'. This is not the first time I've run into a problem that only information buried in a MetaLink document could solve.

I'd really appreciate any help, and I bet there are other users who've been stumped by this as well.

Thanks.
Re: How to configure URL iSQL*Plus DBA on 10G window Platform [message #115804 is a reply to message #110014] Thu, 14 April 2005 09:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
smartin
If this is not the first time you have run into situations where Metalink would help, and probably won't be the last, why doesn't your company get an account? Every enterprise software solution out there has some form of support.

Do you even have a license to be running Oracle at all? If so, it isn't that much more for support, and well worth it.
Re: How to configure URL iSQL*Plus DBA on 10G window Platform [message #115809 is a reply to message #115804] Thu, 14 April 2005 09:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
deesto
smartin wrote on Thu, 14 April 2005 10:29

If this is not the first time you have run into situations where Metalink would help, and probably won't be the last, why doesn't your company get an account? Every enterprise software solution out there has some form of support.

Do you even have a license to be running Oracle at all? If so, it isn't that much more for support, and well worth it.

I am using Oracle purely for educational reasons, not for production. That said: yes, my company has purchased a full license for me. But since this is not a production environment, I don't feel the purchase of additional support is warranted. Regardless, why is this crucial information buried in internal documentation? And why are you supporting such practices, instead of agreeing that information regarding a function that is active and fully licensed should be provided without question? How could these practices possibly boost the consumer's morale, when they're being told the information they need for a product they've already bought can be had, but only at an additional price?

Finally, could someone please answer the question? I wonder if the OP has a MetaLink account.

Thank you.
Re: How to configure URL iSQL*Plus DBA on 10G window Platform [message #115810 is a reply to message #110014] Thu, 14 April 2005 09:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
the google search led me here.

http://www.oracle.com/technology/sample_code/tech/java/codesnippet/security/jaznldap/index.html

and few more articles.
Not sure, whether it would help you.

>>This does not seem like information that should be treated as 'confidential'. This is not the first time I've run into a problem that only information buried in a MetaLink document could solve

Unfortunately anything published my Oracle support is oracle's proprietory content. It is perfectly ILLEGAL to disclose any metlink document without a prior permission from oracle.

>>I'd really appreciate any help, and I bet there are other users who've been stumped by this as well.

The same google search led me here.

http://forums.oracle.com/forums/thread.jsp?forum=144&thread=294095&message=&tstart=0&trange=15928264
Re: How to configure URL iSQL*Plus DBA on 10G window Platform [message #115812 is a reply to message #110014] Thu, 14 April 2005 09:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
>> And why are you supporting such practices, instead of agreeing that information regarding a function that is active and fully licensed should be provided without question? How could these practices possibly boost the consumer's morale, when they're being told the information they need for a product they've already bought can be had, but only at an additional price?

My understanding is any software vendor sells the product only and may support in case of issues or customization.

The vendor is not RESPONSIBLE for imparting the knowledge.
Re: How to configure URL iSQL*Plus DBA on 10G window Platform [message #115819 is a reply to message #110014] Thu, 14 April 2005 10:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
smartin
If you are complying with the terms of the license that allow you to use the database for free, then why spend money on a full license, when instead your company could use the same money to purchase support? Then you could run 10.1.0.4 instead of 10.1.0.2, as well as create TAR's and browse Metalink?

This is all really a common practice in the industry. Even tiny products that cost 50 or a 100 bucks to begin with charge for support, which typically includes software upgrades and bug fixes, as well as knowledge bases of product information.

And it isn't just software. Computer hardware, heck household items, lots of things offer a support contract. It is irrelevent whether or not you or I are happy to buy support. The current market conditions have established that this is the way things work. Just like the market dictates that someone has or will write a book about it that you can buy instead.
Re: How to configure URL iSQL*Plus DBA on 10G window Platform [message #115821 is a reply to message #115819] Thu, 14 April 2005 10:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
More info here
Please look in isqlplus section

http://www.oracle.com/technology/support/tech/sql_plus/htdocs/faq101.html#A5010
Re: How to configure URL iSQL*Plus DBA on 10G window Platform [message #115833 is a reply to message #115821] Thu, 14 April 2005 11:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
deesto
Thanks for all the information. Once I found a Windows-specific reference in one of the links Mahesh provided, I was able to get it working. Funny how the same commands behave differently between *NIX and Windows. XP was not my choice for this project, but I have to use what I've been given.

Thanks also for sharing your views on the MetaLink issue. I believe we may have differing definitions of "support". If I buy a product, such as an operating system, office productivity suite, database management system, etc., I don't expect to be spoon-fed all the support I ever need at no additional cost. I do, however, expect that any information I would need to acheive the functionality I've purchased would be provided with that system in some way, shape, or form, whether that be in printed documentation, online help, etc. I'm not talking about trivial, "how do I create a database?" issues, but the one in this thread is a pretty good example of something some people seem to "just know" how to do; otherwise, they refer to a MetaLink document (if they have a MetaLink account), or they're just S.O.L.

I'm not looking to create a war, just seeking the true rationale.

Thanks.
Re: How to configure URL iSQL*Plus DBA on 10G window Platform [message #115847 is a reply to message #110014] Thu, 14 April 2005 12:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
smartin
deesto,

I'm actually inclined to agree with you on your ideas of what should be provided when you buy something. This is probably one area where having a competing product like sqlserver is beneficial to us oracle developers as it keeps the heat on.

And my comments probably read a bit more hostile than my intention while typing them.

But I'm serious about not buying the oracle license if you don't have to because of your usage, and instead spending the money for a year (or many more) of support. A lot of good oracle stuff can be learned inside Metalink.
Re: How to configure URL iSQL*Plus DBA on 10G window Platform [message #115848 is a reply to message #110014] Thu, 14 April 2005 13:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
deesto
Thanks smartin. Points taken. Unfortunately, it's too late in my case: my co. has already purchased the license, and I wasn't even aware on MetaLink until I saw on the EM home page that you can integrate your MetaLink credentials directly into the EM. Maybe you can get me a refund? Wink Kidding of course, but I do wish there were a way for licensed users to get access to this crucial information, without having to pay for additional support. I really have been sunk a few times now without it. But I'm grateful for the help I've gotten in forums like this one... of course, that all depends on someone with the knowledge being available, in the right place at the right time, and in a relatively good mood!

Thanks.

Re: How to configure URL iSQL*Plus DBA on 10G window Platform [message #329584 is a reply to message #115848] Wed, 25 June 2008 23:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tauseef1
Hi,

I am having problem while configuring isqlplus/dba

I m using Oracle 10g R2 version 10.2.0.3.0
and Os is windows.

I have read the document but it didnt work

can someone help me
Re: How to configure URL iSQL*Plus DBA on 10G window Platform [message #329586 is a reply to message #329584] Wed, 25 June 2008 23:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSwan
tauseef1 wrote on Wed, 25 June 2008 21:44
Hi,

I am having problem while configuring isqlplus/dba

I m using Oracle 10g R2 version 10.2.0.3.0
and Os is windows.

I have read the document but it didnt work

can someone help me

Let me put into my own words what you have said.

My car won't go.
Tell me how to make my car go.

http://www.orafaq.com/forum/t/88153/0/
Please read & FOLLOW the Posting Guidelines as stated in URL above

Re: How to configure URL iSQL*Plus DBA on 10G window Platform [message #329612 is a reply to message #329586] Thu, 26 June 2008 00:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tauseef1
I have done the following:

set ORACLE_HOME=c:\myOracleHome
set ORACLE_SID=mydb
set JAVA_HOME=%ORACLE_HOME%\jdk

Then run the JAZN commands, again, substituting the username and password:
cd %ORACLE_HOME%\oc4j\j2ee\isqlplus\application-deployments\isqlplus

%JAVA_HOME%\bin\java -Djava.security.properties=%ORACLE_HOME%\oc4j\j2ee\home\config\jazn.security.props -jar %ORACLE_HOME%\oc4j\j2ee\home\jazn.jar -user "iSQL*Plus DBA/admin" -password welcome -adduser "iSQL*Plus DBA" myiSQLPlusUserName myiSQL*PlusUserPassword

%JAVA_HOME%\bin\java -Djava.security.properties=%ORACLE_HOME%\oc4j\j2ee\home\config\jazn.security.props -jar %ORACLE_HOME%\oc4j\j2ee\home\jazn.jar -user "iSQL*Plus DBA/admin" -password welcome -grantrole webDba "iSQL*Plus DBA" myiSQLPlusUserName

then got this message: The specified role does not exist in the realm.

Can you help me now?
Re: How to configure URL iSQL*Plus DBA on 10G window Platform [message #329621 is a reply to message #329612] Thu, 26 June 2008 01:07 Go to previous message
tauseef1
Its working now:
follow these steps:

set ORACLE_HOME=c:\myOracleHome
set ORACLE_SID=mydb
set JAVA_HOME=%ORACLE_HOME%\jdk

Then run the JAZN commands, again, substituting the username and password:
c:/> cd %ORACLE_HOME%\oc4j\j2ee\isqlplus\application-deployments\isqlplus

%JAVA_HOME%\bin\java -Djava.security.properties=%ORACLE_HOME%\oc4j\j2ee\home\config\jazn.security.props -jar %ORACLE_HOME%\oc4j\j2ee\home\jazn.jar -user "iSQL*Plus DBA/admin" -password welcome -adduser "iSQL*Plus DBA" myiSQLPlusUserName myiSQL*PlusUserPassword

%JAVA_HOME%\bin\java -Djava.security.properties=%ORACLE_HOME%\oc4j\j2ee\home\config\jazn.security.props -jar %ORACLE_HOME%\oc4j\j2ee\home\jazn.jar -user "iSQL*Plus DBA/admin" -password welcome -shell

the it will be in Jazn shell
jazn:> listusers "iSQL*Plus DBA"
there u will see two users "admin" and "myiSQLPlusUserName"
then issue this command:
JAZN:> grantrole webDba "iSQL*Plus DBA" admin
JAZN:> exit

Then stop the Isqlplusctl stop and then start the service
now connect to your Isqlplus : giving the user admin and welcome as password

Previous Topic: SQL*PLUS - spool output to file.
Next Topic: set pages based on select query
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 06:59:01 CDT 2024