Home » Developer & Programmer » Designer » how to create designer repository in 9i developer suit
how to create designer repository in 9i developer suit [message #118957] Mon, 09 May 2005 23:18 Go to next message
mukeshsingh868
please tell me how to create designer repository in 9i developer suit and start connecting/working in designer
please give details or link for it
Re: how to create designer repository in 9i developer suit [message #119027 is a reply to message #118957] Tue, 10 May 2005 06:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Maaher
At this site's homepage (www.orafaq.com), there's a link to a tutorial (and some other links as well. Check it out.)

Here's a direct link:

http://www.prenhall.com/divisions/bp/app/hoffer/oracle/tutorial/

MHE
Re: how to create designer repository in 9i developer suit [message #120439 is a reply to message #118957] Thu, 19 May 2005 14:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wejder

in shorts :

1. Start Repository Administration Utility,
2. Log as db user to some db.
3. Install repository ( during installation you'll have problems with grants ( see : check requirements ) take a 4 hour in my sys )
4. Run Designer.
5. Choose for example Dataflow Diagrammer ( after that you will have a problem with choosing Containter )

now i'm on this step because i dont have any container Wink

regards Smile

icon14.gif  Re: how to create designer repository in 9i developer suit [message #120773 is a reply to message #118957] Mon, 23 May 2005 12:41 Go to previous message
adamjsawyer
This message applies to Oracle 9i - I can't be certain if it is accurate for other versions.

You must install Oracle Developer first

Then, the first step to setting up the repository is to log into the database as the SYS account as SYSDBA

The second step is to set up the account for the new repository owner using SQL*Plus commands. The easiest way to do this is with automated scripts that create a default repository owner called "repos_manager".

The third step is to run the Repository Administration utility, and configure some options for the repository

The fourth step is to run the repository installation (can take a little while)

You are then ready to run Designer, using your repos manager account to log in. Creating a subordinate account for repository use is beyond the scope of my knowledge, so please don't ask. I just use the manager account.

Here is a link to a very useful web document that explains in detail everything i have mentioned above. Pass this link on to other people; it has been very useful for a lot of people I know. I believe this document is supposed to be on the Oracle Developer CD, but it appears to be missing on mine.

http://download-east.oracle.com/otn_hosted_doc/designer/doc_library/des9i_9022/CDOC72/rep_insgde/igrepos_9i.htm

I am using oracle 9i, and I could not use the automatic scripts because of a problem with a dictionary managed REPOS_TEMP table. I created some scripts of my own to make the manual method much easier. Should u want these scripts, please email me privately at sawyeraj@iinet.net.au - keep in mind u will need to adjust them to suit your setup.

hope this helps
cheers
adam

Previous Topic: Error messages
Next Topic: How to wrap function name in FHD (oracle 9i) ?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 09:22:26 CDT 2024