Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » Oracle Reports on Web Browser
Oracle Reports on Web Browser [message #120281] Wed, 18 May 2005 13:54 Go to next message
jeannezhang
I am new for the report. I have some questions to consult the experts.
1. I have created the reports and want to put them on the web (ColdFusion, HTML, or Oracle Portal). How to public the reports on the web?
2. I would like to hide database user id and password on URL, how?
3. I would like to hide the report parameter which is employee id (SSN), how?

Thanks a lot for any help.
Re: Oracle Reports on Web Browser [message #120688 is a reply to message #120281] Sun, 22 May 2005 23:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
stevenr
Hi

1. Well, you can call the reports from Coldfusion/HTML by providing a URL (or form POST) from the cfm/html page. The destination URL would be to the reports server. Clicking on the link (or submitting the form) will make a request to the reports server with the required parameters, and the report will be rendered on the user's browser.

If you are using Oracle Portal, you can create a reports provider and then add a portlet using that provider.

2. Oh, this is a touchy topic. To quote what Oracle says, the only secure way for rendering reports is via Oracle Portal.

Having said that, you can hide the db username and password by using the "cgicmd" key feature. Basically, you can place the DB username/password (& other parameters like destype, desformat) into a cgicmd.dat file on the server and only provide the cmdkey in the URL. The reports server will map the cgicmd key to the parameters on the server side, hence avoiding passing the password in the URL. The cgicmd.dat file is in $OH/reports/conf directory

3. If its only hiding, you can do this via HTML form POST. But note that this is not the most secure way of doing things. What you could do is encrypt the SSN and decrypt it in the PLSQL block using the DBMS_OBFUSCATION toolkit in the Oracle DB.

HTH

Ciao
Re: Oracle Reports on Web Browser [message #260927 is a reply to message #120281] Tue, 21 August 2007 05:00 Go to previous message
atulwagh
Can u put light on third option as it is more secure???

Regards
Atul..

Previous Topic: System.message_level Equivalent in Reports
Next Topic: export excel file
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Jul 05 16:33:15 CDT 2024