Home » Developer & Programmer » JDeveloper, Java & XML » Problem with section breaks in XML Publisher template
Problem with section breaks in XML Publisher template [message #120941] Tue, 24 May 2005 19:42 Go to next message
dmoser22
Is there any way to use section breaks in XML Publisher? I haven't been able to get them to work, and now I have desperate need of them.

My template (.rtf) will be used to generate multiple POs from one batch of output, so I need to have section breaks in order to reset the page number. Without this, my headers are shot (there are different headers on page 1 vs remaining pages, so the page 1 version needs to reappear with each PO), as well as the "Page x of y" in the header.

Any suggestions?

Dave
Re: Problem with section breaks in XML Publisher template [message #124198 is a reply to message #120941] Thu, 16 June 2005 16:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tdexter
Dave
Not sure what version you are on but from 5.0 forward we allow you to break in the way you want. Rather than using for-each:GROUP_NAME you use for-each@section:GROUP_NAME, every time xmlp hits a new member of GROUP_NAME the page numbering and header is reset. I have loaded a sample try it out.
Regards
Tim
Re: Problem with section breaks in XML Publisher template [message #124202 is a reply to message #124198] Thu, 16 June 2005 17:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dmoser22
Outstanding! Thanks for your help. (Of course, I've only tried it in Template Builder, but I'm assuming it will still work when we implement it in Oracle Apps.)

Sure would've been handy if this were included in the 5.0 User's Guide!

Thanks again, Cool

-djm
Re: Problem with section breaks in XML Publisher template [message #124465 is a reply to message #124202] Sat, 18 June 2005 18:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tdexter
Yeah, sorry, we didnt have enough time. The 5.5 release docs are in much better shape.
Tim
Re: Problem with section breaks in XML Publisher template [message #125378 is a reply to message #120941] Fri, 24 June 2005 15:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cincyn

Is there a way to combine section break with multi header/footer? (<?start:body?> <?end body?>)

I have similar issue, but our POs (and S/O acknowledgements) repeat the same header info (ship/bill address...etc.) on each page. I can get the multi header/footer to work, but then it will not print multiple PO/SOs from batch output.

Any ideas/suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Cindy
Re: Problem with section breaks in XML Publisher template [message #135952 is a reply to message #120941] Mon, 05 September 2005 02:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
laywema
Hi,
I'm having the same problem with pagenumbering so I tried the RepeatHeader.rtf example in Template Builder (1.0.0 Build 9 on WinXP SP2, MS Office XP SP3) with the supplied RepeatHeader.xml. I got very strange output; pdf-output showed Page 1 of 3 till Page 3 of 3, the last page was Page 1 of 3. RTF-output showed Page 1 of 3 till Page 3 of 3, the last page was Page 4 of 1.
Is something wrong with my configuration?
Regards,
Louis
Re: Problem with section breaks in XML Publisher template [message #138029 is a reply to message #135952] Mon, 19 September 2005 08:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
laywema
Hi all!
My problem seems to be solved in version 5.5!
ciao,
Louis
Re: Problem with section breaks in XML Publisher template [message #160019 is a reply to message #124198] Wed, 22 February 2006 15:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
chollack
Is there a way to have your heading repeat on the section level but your pages NOT reset?

I have been using the for-each@section syntax, and get the desired behavior on my headings and page breaks, but I never want the page numbers to reset.

Thanks,
Carrie
Re: Problem with section breaks in XML Publisher template [message #236555 is a reply to message #124198] Thu, 10 May 2007 04:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mardaff
tdexter wrote on Thu, 16 June 2005 16:56
Dave
Not sure what version you are on but from 5.0 forward we allow you to break in the way you want. Rather than using for-each:GROUP_NAME you use for-each@section:GROUP_NAME, every time xmlp hits a new member of GROUP_NAME the page numbering and header is reset. I have loaded a sample try it out.
Regards
Tim

Hi,
I have the same problem with the page numbering.... I want my page numbering to be reset by customer.... I did like in your example but it's still not working. I'm using XML Publisher 5.6.2
and even your example is not working on my side....can you tell me where it's seems to be the problem?

Thx
Re: Problem with section breaks in XML Publisher template [message #322890 is a reply to message #236555] Mon, 26 May 2008 11:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
charifennaciri

Dear mardaff,

It's important that you insert the statement <?for-each@section:G_SEL_CHECKS?> (in your case customer)in the help section of the text options screen. I made a screenshot of it.

http://img225.imageshack.us/done.php?l=img225/7493/xmlpublisherondersteunigi7.jpg

And also try to use a Page Break at the end of the document. The code for a page break is:

<?split-by-page-break:?>

This should definetely work.

Greetings,

Charif Ennaciri
icon9.gif  Re: Problem with section breaks in XML Publisher template [message #361990 is a reply to message #124198] Sat, 29 November 2008 03:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tejsoni392
Hi,

At my end this code does not work could you please tell me the solution.

Page number is not refreshing here
Can you please reply to tejas.ranpara@tcs.com

Find attachement here.(this is zip file i have changed the extension to text becoz it was not allow me to uploded
please open attached file in zip

Rgds/Tejas Ranpara
icon14.gif  Re: Problem with section breaks in XML Publisher template [message #361993 is a reply to message #361990] Sat, 29 November 2008 05:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
charifennaciri

Hello Tejas,

Your code is just fine! In your XML Data you only have 2

G_customers. One with a lot of data (first 24 pages).

And the second one which has just a few invoices. And

I see that for the second one the page number does reset.

So your code is ok.

Greetings,

Charif Ennaciri
Re: Problem with section breaks in XML Publisher template [message #385626 is a reply to message #124198] Tue, 10 February 2009 05:19 Go to previous message
rev.prakash@gmail.com
I am facing a similar issue i tried using the ZIP file provided above however the report still places the same heading across report and page number doesnt get reset.Place provide if any update or code.
Previous Topic: Passing parameters from jsp page to Oracle forms
Next Topic: extractvalue for xmltype
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 15:55:19 CDT 2024