Home » Developer & Programmer » Precompilers, OCI & OCCI » Issues in compiling Pro*C generated code (SuSE 10)
Issues in compiling Pro*C generated code (SuSE 10) [message #167683] Sat, 15 April 2006 06:39 Go to next message
otiesse
Hi all,

I am a newbie here and I am starting using Oracle database Enterprise Edition on a SuSE 10 Linux box.

I have an issue in compiling Pro*c-generated code with gcc that is frustating me a lot: I am using a command line like the following:

$ gcc -o test -L$ORACLE_HOME/precomp/lib -L$ORACLE_HOME/precomp/public test.c $ORACLE_HOME/lib/*

where test.c is the output file from the Pro*C precompilation step, that goes well.

I see some output by jc1 java compiler (I can't catch the sense of the presence of java in a C compiling), and eventually the compilation ends in so many errors like "confused by earlier errors, bailing out".

On my SuSE box, I installed all of the following: gcc, gcc-java and java packages.

Could you please post me any hints?

Thank you.
Re: Issues in compiling Pro*C generated code (SuSE 10) [message #168495 is a reply to message #167683] Thu, 20 April 2006 13:17 Go to previous message
otiesse
OOOps, my fault. The gcc line is evidently mistaken.
Embarassed
Previous Topic: 'ORA-03123 - operation would block
Next Topic: How to connect c with database....
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 06:30:06 CDT 2024