Home » Developer & Programmer » Precompilers, OCI & OCCI » What is the fastest way of getting BLOB data into 9i?
What is the fastest way of getting BLOB data into 9i? [message #168467] Thu, 20 April 2006 10:34 Go to next message
adamb
What is the fastest way of getting BLOB data into 9i? My tables have the form:

create table A
(KEY_COL VARCHAR2(1024),
FIRST_BLOB BLOB,
SECOND_BLOB BLOB
)
;

I've tried the object-navigational interface in OCCI. The retrieval speed is great but when my BLOBs are big insertion is very slooooooow.

I've also tried Direct Path loading using OCI. But that has turned out to be slower than attempt 1, above.

The slow down may be due to the more efficient way that data is stored when using object-navigational vs Direct Path: out-of-line vs in-line data respectively.

Anyway, I'm very new to this so if you can suggest another approach I will very much appreciate Smile

Adam
Re: What is the fastest way of getting BLOB data into 9i? [message #169768 is a reply to message #168467] Fri, 28 April 2006 11:00 Go to previous message
denis.flotat
Try LibSSQLOra8 library (http://www.poitschke.de/libsqlora8/)
It's written in C. Its author did a great job. Because it's in C (not C++ complex syntax), documented with examples.

Best OCI Wrapper i have found (regularly upgraded, multi-plaform). I understood a lot of OCI reading the code.

Try to get your own idea downlading the software from the web site.

Hope this helps.

Regards.
Previous Topic: OCI version 10.2.0.1.0 is not supported
Next Topic: strcpy((char *) uid.arr,argv[1]);
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 11:02:47 CDT 2024