Home » Other » Suggestions & Feedback » Invisible move
Invisible move [message #174737] Tue, 30 May 2006 07:21 Go to next message
Frank
I moved a couple of topics from various forums to the Marketplace. The downside of this was that there remains a topic-title stating that the original posts (titled 'Developers wanted') was moved. This way cross-posters/spammers get what they want after all.
It would be handy if you could 'silently' move such posts.
Re: Invisible move [message #174742 is a reply to message #174737] Tue, 30 May 2006 07:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Maaher
That's a good idea, Frank. I wonder if it is possible?

MHE
Re: Invisible move [message #174747 is a reply to message #174737] Tue, 30 May 2006 07:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Art Metzer
I think Frank's suggestion is a good one, so long as the moderator controls the option of whether to silently move, or to move as-is.

Of course, the drawback from always doing a silent move is that a newbie might have misclassified his/her question, and then refer back to the board to monitor its progress. But if he/she refers back after one of these "silent moves" (i.e., no "forwarding address"), I can easily see the newbie getting discouraged/cyncial ("What happened to my question?").
Re: Invisible move [message #174748 is a reply to message #174747] Tue, 30 May 2006 07:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Frank
Art Metzer wrote on Tue, 30 May 2006 14:48

I think Frank's suggestion is a good one, so long as the moderator controls the option of whether to silently move, or to move as-is.

Of course, the drawback from always doing a silent move is that a newbie might have misclassified his/her question, and then refer back to the board to monitor its progress. But if he/she refers back after one of these "silent moves" (i.e., no "forwarding address"), I can easily see the newbie getting discouraged/cyncial ("What happened to my question?").

No, my idea was indeed to add it as an option. It would probably be used quite rarely.
Of course, if extreme spamming is involved, a deletion would remove it completely
Re: Invisible move [message #175588 is a reply to message #174748] Sat, 03 June 2006 02:24 Go to previous message
Frank Naude
It would indeed be a handy feature. However, it's not so easy to implement. As workaround, please just delete the SPAM messages.
Previous Topic: private message spam from member
Next Topic: Contribute to main site
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 16:01:07 CDT 2024