Home » Fusion Middleware & Colab Suite » WebCenter Suite & Portal » Drop Down Box - Default Values
Drop Down Box - Default Values [message #193268] Fri, 15 September 2006 08:58 Go to next message
pschar
i have a portlet that contains parameters that are passed onto some discoverer reports. The parmaters are from month, to month and bank.

the parameters are passed correctly to the discoverer worksheets (utilizing disco paramters) but after i choose a different bank on the drop down and hit submit, it goes back to the first bank on the list.

i would prefer it just stays on the bank selected instead of reseting.

is this something i can change in the html in the chart parameters or in the sql?

thanks

jason
Re: Drop Down Box - Default Values [message #195447 is a reply to message #193268] Thu, 28 September 2006 13:48 Go to previous message
andrew again
if you are building the HTML yourself - then yes you can control it.

I hacked this code - it may need tweaking.
htp.p('<select name="first_select">');
for x in (select category_code, category_value from category_lk order by category_code)
loop
  -- the option to pre-select
  if x.category_code=category_sel then 
   htp.p('<option value="'||x.category_code||'" selected>'||x.category_value||'</option>');
  else 
   htp.p('<option value="'||x.category_code||'"> '||x.category_value||'</option>');
  end if;
end loop;
htp.p('</select>');
Previous Topic: ora-12560 error
Next Topic: Wrong Data Pulled
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 12:12:39 CDT 2024