Home » RDBMS Server » Security » How can I allow a user to change their Oracle DB password?
How can I allow a user to change their Oracle DB password? [message #220131] Mon, 19 February 2007 01:09 Go to next message
ndahafa
hi,

Background:
We have a portal where users login and can run isqlplus queries, currently they have to log in twice i.e. to the portal and the DB.

I've been asked to come up with a way to allow them to change their passwords.
Portal side is fine, i found a solution.
DB side, I do not know how to do it. I need a script to run when the user clicks the change password button.
If there's a way to bypass the isqlplus login screen, this would actually be the better solution because then I also solve the problem of them having to log in twice.

I hope you understand my problem and can help. Links to relevant sites are also welcome.
thanks.
Re: How can I allow a user to change their Oracle DB password? [message #220133 is a reply to message #220131] Mon, 19 February 2007 01:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mohammad Taj

Hi,
If users using ISQLPLUS then there is option for CHANGE PASSWORD.
Workspace >>>> Preferences >>>> CHANGE PASSWORD.

regards
Taj

[Updated on: Mon, 19 February 2007 01:34]

Report message to a moderator

Re: How can I allow a user to change their Oracle DB password? [message #220141 is a reply to message #220133] Mon, 19 February 2007 01:44 Go to previous message
ndahafa
hi Taj, thanks for your quick reply.

the users do not get that screen, that's the one i use to write my queries which i then save as .sql and users access them through links available on the portal. when user clicks on one of those links he gets the isql*plus login screen (see attach1).
they don't have access to the change password option.

what i'm struggling with is: say i have a 'change password' html page with fields : old_password, new_password, confirm_password. the user will fill these in, click OK then the 'change password script' will be executed... this is the script i'm struggling to find/come up with.

thanks.
  • Attachment: attach1.doc
    (Size: 101.50KB, Downloaded 2022 times)
Previous Topic: Encryption only one column
Next Topic: Encryption in Oracle 9i Database
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 14:38:25 CDT 2024