Home » Server Options » Spatial » Data for Spatial
Data for Spatial [message #229174] Thu, 05 April 2007 11:54 Go to next message
tkstock
Where is a good place to get spatial data for Oracle 10g? Is there any spatial data that comes with it, or is Spatial just the framework around the data for anlytic purposes?

To be honest, what I need is data for all the countries and cities of the world, down to the CITY level. I don't need a low level of detail.

Does anyone know where this data can be obtained?

The purpose of my application is this:
When a user enters an address in my OAE form, it will bring up the map location of that address, map location just being the city on the map zoomed out to 100 miles or so. No great level of detail is required.

I'm also hoping to create a form that allows the user to click on the map and it would select the closest city, but that's off in the distance.

Is spatial required to use locator? I know mapviewer comes in here somewhere, but I'm a noob at Spatial.

Thanks for your input!
icon3.gif  Re: Data for Spatial [message #356624 is a reply to message #229174] Fri, 31 October 2008 09:57 Go to previous message
SteveSerra
Please go look at http://www.oracle.com/technology/products/spatial/htdocs/spatial_partners_data.html

There are is a free dataset that is licensed with Oracle Spatial and Locator from NavTeq. The sample NAVTEQ Data Bundle (ZIP 341MB) August 2007

This bundle includes national boundaries, administrative boundaries and major highways for 45 countries in Oracle Spatial 10g format.

If you need more data look at the ADCI Worldwide product , it is not free.

Hope this helps,

thanks

Steve
Previous Topic: Spatial Cartridge in oracle
Next Topic: ORA-29532
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 04:04:58 CDT 2024