Home » Other » Client Tools » Need Help
Need Help [message #253103] Sun, 22 July 2007 10:32 Go to next message
msrafeeq
Dear All

I dont know how to explain my problem. However I will brief here step by step.

I have chosen
Start -> Program - > Oracle for Windows NT -> SQL Plus 3.3

From the SQL> prompt I have created a new user by using create command. It was successfully created.

Then from the SQL> Prompt I have given the privileges to that user thru the below command

Grant Marine_acc to Username.

Granted Succesfully.

While start to using the application Its not accepting this login id and password. Its not giving any error message too. I have used another one guy's Login id and password to open the application it works.

I dunno where is the problem. Could anyone advice me please.

Regards
Rafeeq

Re: Need Help [message #253109 is a reply to message #253103] Sun, 22 July 2007 13:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Do you have an idea what you did with this statement?
Grant Marine_acc to Username
When you find it out, come back and tell us.
Re: Need Help [message #253110 is a reply to message #253103] Sun, 22 July 2007 13:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSwan
>While start to using the application Its not accepting this login id and password.
I suspect you are not getting the results you desire, because you did not follow the proper procedure to add a new user into this unnamed application.
Re: Need Help [message #253112 is a reply to message #253103] Sun, 22 July 2007 13:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
Please read and follow How to format your posts and How to get a quick answer to your question: TIPS AND TRICKS
Make sure that lines of code do not exceed 80 or 100 characters when you format.
Please always post your Oracle version (4 decimals).

When you execute something, above all in SQL*Plus, copy and paste the execution, we can then easily see what you did and what happened.

For windows have a look at:
Database Installation Guide 10g Release 2 (10.2) for Microsoft Windows
Database Platform Guide 10g Release 2 (10.2) for Microsoft Windows
Documentation Library / Getting Started

Regards
Michel
Re: Need Help [message #253146 is a reply to message #253103] Sun, 22 July 2007 23:31 Go to previous message
msrafeeq
Dear All

Thanks for your replies. I am still outlining a brief message to explain my problem. I will post it soon with screen shots. Thanks in advance.

Regards
Rafeeq

Previous Topic: oracle 9i startup problem
Next Topic: TOAD error - no Oracle client installed
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 06:17:34 CDT 2024