Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » Space Management
Space Management [message #264141] Sat, 01 September 2007 01:20 Go to next message
naveenkumar001

Hi,

Free space management is important because without it oracle would not know where to put things like tables or indexes when you wanted to create or modify them.

Locally managed tablespace use Bitmaps stored in the header of the datafiles.

Question:-
In Bitmap whether each bit represents the extent of the Datafile or each block of the Datafile?

If Each bit represents the extent of the datafile, then whether this statement is true:-
When all the blocks of the extent is used or freed, then only oracle changes the bitmap values to show the new status of the extent.

If Each bit represents the block of the datafile then whether this statement is true:-
Whenever each block is used or freed oracle changes the bitmap values to show the new status of the blocks.

Please Guide me.

Regards,
Naveen

[Updated on: Sat, 01 September 2007 01:22]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Space Management [message #264143 is a reply to message #264141] Sat, 01 September 2007 01:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
A bit is a fixed range of blocks.

Regards
Michel
Re: Space Management [message #264170 is a reply to message #264143] Sat, 01 September 2007 06:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
This guy got answers in other forums but don't want to share it with us.
I asked him many times to forward the valuable answers he got to all forums where he posted.

I hope that OP will change your behaviour and copy the answer you get here in the other forums where he posted the same question.
I hope he also copy here the answer he got in the other places.

I hope but I think he will not.

I encourage people to no more answer to this guy.
He has a bad mind.
His slogan is: grab all from others, never share anything.

This is only my opinion, every one is free to do as (s)he wants.

Regards
Michel
Re: Space Management [message #264195 is a reply to message #264170] Sat, 01 September 2007 22:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
naveenkumar001

Hi Michel,

When i first registered i dint know if i get answer in one forum i had to post that answer in other forum. When you told only i came to know about that. But after that i am doing the same.

I had asked question regarding "Bitmap" and you had answered that question in both the forums so how can i answer in other forum. For the same question only i had asked once again clarification but before i am getting reply to that, you are telling that i am not sharing my answers with others.

1) If you have doubts you can just see the previous post for which i answered the same in all the forums.
Question:-
Why cant we recreate SYSTEM DATAFILE?
System Datafile:-

A System Datafile cannot be recreated because the Archives and RedoLogs cannot contain information such as Privilegs, names of all the users, Columns of the table etc that are present in the Data Dictionary.

Non-System Datafile:-

A Non-System Datafile can be recreated because the Archives and RedoLogs contain Changed Data(DML) which is needed for recreation of Non-System Datafile.
----------------------------------------------------------------

2) For this question "Export only part of data............."
For this question i got same answers in all the forums. So how can i post the same answer once gain.

3) For this question "Media recovery Error while a Tablespace offline/online". Someone had answered for me . So when i saw the same question in another forum i had shared that answer.

You can check in the following link below to clarify your doubts.
http://www.dbapool.com/forumthread/topic_7212.html

I cant tell anything more than this.

Regards,
Naveen
Re: Space Management [message #264196 is a reply to message #264170] Sat, 01 September 2007 22:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
naveenkumar001

Hi Michel,

If you have still doubts that i am not sharing the answers you can just check the link below where i have shared my answers in all the forums:-

Question:-"Data accessed from Undo Segment OR Buffer Cache"
http://www.orafaq.com/forum/m/260499/108558/#msg_260499

http://www.dba-village.com/village/dvp_forum.OpenThread?ThreadIdA=30055

Regards,
Naveen
Re: Space Management [message #264206 is a reply to message #264141] Sun, 02 September 2007 00:47 Go to previous message
Arju

Naveen if you don't share your experimental idea/result as well as solution , no one will answer you.
Previous Topic: Pid= oracle
Next Topic: abort low hwm
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 19 10:47:30 CDT 2024