Home » RDBMS Server » Server Utilities » sqlldr files in the directory from windows client
sqlldr files in the directory from windows client [message #268835] Wed, 19 September 2007 21:59 Go to next message
sangleweb
My oracle in on hp unix box and I have an application on windows box that extract coma delimited text file every hour and the name of the file is dynamic such as filenam[datetime].txt. How can I write a control file to loop through a directory and insert the file name into the Infile line of the control file? Could this be done? My goal is to insert the data into the table when the application extrac the data. TIA.

[Updated on: Wed, 19 September 2007 22:00]

Report message to a moderator

Re: sqlldr files in the directory from windows client [message #268838 is a reply to message #268835] Wed, 19 September 2007 22:03 Go to previous message
BlackSwan
>Could this be done?
Yes, but any actual solution depends upon your local computing & networking environment.

In any case the any solution has absolutely NOTHING to do with Oracle & have everything to do with scripting & System Administration.

I suggest you get together with both your local Windows SA & HP SA & see what alternatives are available to you.
Previous Topic: import fails
Next Topic: Conversion of Oracle database to text file (merged)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Jul 01 08:04:56 CDT 2024