Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » Error - Invalid staging area
Error - Invalid staging area [message #273487] Wed, 10 October 2007 11:16 Go to next message
rolex.mp
I am trying to install Oracle 10g Release 1 in Windows Xp Professional Edition SP2

When I run the universal installer I get the following error when I press next after specifying file locations

"Invalid staging area . There are no top level components for Windows NT , Windows 2000 available in this staging area '

The logs file in the location C:\Program Files\Oracle\Inventory\logs contains the following information

*** Specify File Locations Page***
Setting the 'SourceLocation ( FROM_LOCATION )' property to 'E:\10g\install\../stage/products.xml'. Received the value from the UI page.
Setting the 'OracleHome ( ORACLE_HOME )' property to 'E:\oracle\product\10.1.0\db_1'. Received the value from the UI page.
Setting the 'OracleHomeName ( ORACLE_HOME_NAME )' property to 'OraDb10g_home1'. Received the value from the UI page.
Initializing OUI access setup
Setting variable 'ORACLE_HOME' to 'E:\oracle\product\10.1.0\db_1'. Received the value from the UI page.
Error:*** Alert: Invalid staging area. There are no top level components for Windows NT, Windows 2000 available for installation in this staging area. ***
Re: Error - Invalid staging area [message #273580 is a reply to message #273487] Thu, 11 October 2007 00:38 Go to previous message
Mohammad Taj

Hi,
if you already installed oracle software in your desktop then first remove completely and try to install again.
http://forums.oracle.com/forums/thread.jspa?messageID=1229570

regards
Mohammed Taj
Previous Topic: Split/Link from one DBF to another new DBF
Next Topic: Does a select statment hold a lock on the table?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Sep 18 18:15:43 CDT 2024