Home » RDBMS Server » Server Utilities » Removing TABLE_STATISTICS from data pump
Removing TABLE_STATISTICS from data pump [message #287158] Tue, 11 December 2007 04:21 Go to next message
strauss_jon
Hi - I want to get rid of table_statistics when importing a schema from a data pump export file because it takes an absolute age to complete. I've tried the exclude=table_statistics in the par file (when doing the data pump import and export) to no avail. Can't find anything useful on google either. I don't need these stats since i'm doing an analyze after anyway (which is a lot quicker than dp's table_statistics). Any advice would be appreciated. Cheers, Jon
Re: Removing TABLE_STATISTICS from data pump [message #287175 is a reply to message #287158] Tue, 11 December 2007 05:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
>> I've tried the exclude=table_statistics in the par file
shouldn't it be
exclude=statistics 

[Updated on: Tue, 11 December 2007 05:49]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Removing TABLE_STATISTICS from data pump [message #287183 is a reply to message #287175] Tue, 11 December 2007 06:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
strauss_jon
Thanks for your reply Mahesh. Forgot to mention that i also tried this. The dp export/import didn't fall over and it did the table_stats anyway!?
Re: Removing TABLE_STATISTICS from data pump [message #287193 is a reply to message #287183] Tue, 11 December 2007 06:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mohammad Taj

>it did the table_stats anyway!?
Are you sure exclude=STATISTICS is not working ?

can you post here test case.
Re: Removing TABLE_STATISTICS from data pump [message #287218 is a reply to message #287193] Tue, 11 December 2007 08:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
strauss_jon
Actually, sorry i was wrong. I tried to include it in the export par file but it was combined with INCLUDE commands and oracle doesn't allow this. I can't change my par file because i've spent an age configuring which objects to INCLUDE. I don't know why you can't combine include and exclude? Is there a way around this if i don't want to get rid of my includes? Thanks...!
Re: Removing TABLE_STATISTICS from data pump [message #289214 is a reply to message #287218] Thu, 20 December 2007 04:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
strauss_jon
Hi again, problem still not solved. Table_stats takes about an hour. I've attached a screenshot at the point where it gets stuck. As mentioned in previous thread, I have a load of includes which apparently means you can't have any excludes. Is this true? And if so, how can i get round the problem without having to use 'exclude' in order to include the relevant objects? All sounds a bit ridiculous really. Anyway, if someone can help with this, i'd be eternally grateful. Thanks again, Jon
Re: Removing TABLE_STATISTICS from data pump [message #289225 is a reply to message #287218] Thu, 20 December 2007 05:48 Go to previous message
strauss_jon
Sorted it. EXCLUDE=STATISTICS in the import file. Dooh! I was trying to exclude it from the export. Thanks for you help...
Previous Topic: national language characterset
Next Topic: Migration From Pervasive database into Oracle
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Jun 29 05:57:15 CDT 2024