Home » Developer & Programmer » Reports & Discoverer » report format distorted when list expands (oracle 8i and form 6.0)
report format distorted when list expands [message #287682] Thu, 13 December 2007 02:56 Go to next message
orarep
hello

i have problem in reports and that is about it's format

i have a list of students marks record and at the end of report there is two signature of examiner and result scrutineer i.e

--------------list of students with their marks etc

________________________ _____________________
Signature of Scrutineer Signature of examiner

Date: Countersigned
dept: .............

now when the list exapnds vertically so the formate of signatures and other becomes distorted and some pushed down to next page so can any one tell me how to control this problem because without this my report is of no use and this report took a lot of time and when every thing done , now this problem with list expansion vertically

please guide i would be thankfull

regards.
Re: report format distorted when list expands [message #287694 is a reply to message #287682] Thu, 13 December 2007 03:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
But, isn't that behaviour expected? If there are many records in the report, signatures will have to be moved down (or even to the next page).

However, you might try to anchor signatures to ... something, I don't know what.
Re: report format distorted when list expands [message #287881 is a reply to message #287694] Thu, 13 December 2007 23:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dude4084
Littlefoot has given you the perfect solution.

Try to add the signature+date thing in a frame and then "anchor" it with main frame.

Search for "anchor" in reports help.

Good Luck
Re: report format distorted when list expands [message #288344 is a reply to message #287881] Mon, 17 December 2007 02:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
orarep
thanks you guys

well sir i really don't know about reports anchors and how it can solve my rpob but i will read the help and other stuff then i will ask/tell regarding it but what i did to solve myt prob is that i just made parameters in reports and give their initial value as "______________" and "Signature of Examiner" etc etc and i displayed it at it's required position so if records are increasing so it whould go down in organise way. i am ok if it goes down to other page but on other page it should be in that previous order.
there is something about New Page. i.e i can tell from where new page start something like that so what is it too. can it solve my prob .i don't know.

so what you say sir.

thank you for your time.

Regards.

Re: report format distorted when list expands [message #288356 is a reply to message #288344] Mon, 17 December 2007 03:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
You might also consider putting those objects into their own frame, so that all of them would move in organised way (as you've said).
Re: report format distorted when list expands [message #288835 is a reply to message #288356] Tue, 18 December 2007 21:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
orarep
hello

i almost acheive my task as follows

i have created many user parameters and put then the req lables and then i group them and set a page break at certin lvl so now at page break all the lables go down in organise way but on little thing that it leaves an ugly huge space on page 1 which i think i need to compromise and lets see what my boss says

so any one can comment

regards
Re: report format distorted when list expands [message #288840 is a reply to message #287682] Tue, 18 December 2007 22:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dude4084
Hi

Can you provide sample data and report?

Dude
Re: report format distorted when list expands [message #288845 is a reply to message #287682] Tue, 18 December 2007 22:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dude4084
Hi

I have made a sample report. See if you learn something from it. If this does not meet your objectives then either ignore it or modify ot.

About sample report
* It is based on emp table
* The font size is increased to span the record on more than one pages with small data of emp
*Do Enter 5 on parameter while running the report.
  • Attachment: test6.RDF
    (Size: 76.00KB, Downloaded 1139 times)
Re: report format distorted when list expands [message #288880 is a reply to message #288845] Wed, 19 December 2007 00:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
dude4084 wrote on Wed, 19 December 2007 05:17

* The font size is increased to span the record on more than one pages with small data of emp

As you used the Scott's EMP table, why didn't you rather use Cartesian product - something like
SELECT e1.empno, e2.ename
FROM emp e1, emp e2
and make number of records large enough to span more than a single page. Increasing a font is, in my opinion, the last option to do that.
Re: report format distorted when list expands [message #289149 is a reply to message #287682] Wed, 19 December 2007 20:37 Go to previous message
dude4084
Oh Yes.
Thats the cool way to do it.

I knew it before but forogt to implement it on the right time!

Previous Topic: Discoverer Graphics - Different Colors for Different Values
Next Topic: Looking for sample documentation of logistics and sample forms
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Jul 03 05:36:56 CDT 2024