Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » grant select all tables/object of all schemas
grant select all tables/object of all schemas [message #289871] Wed, 26 December 2007 06:01 Go to next message
kamragulshan
Hi All,

I need to grant select rights on all the tables / object on all the schemas to a user say test.
This is our production database and we need to provide select rights on all the objects of all the schemas to a user for some development purpose.

Is there any way to provide such kind of rights.

Please provide me valuable input.

Thanks
Gulshan
Re: grant select all tables/object of all schemas [message #289875 is a reply to message #289871] Wed, 26 December 2007 06:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mohammad Taj

grant "select any table" privilege.
Re: grant select all tables/object of all schemas [message #289890 is a reply to message #289871] Wed, 26 December 2007 07:23 Go to previous message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
Quote:

This is our production database and we need to provide select rights on all the objects of all the schemas to a user for some development purpose.

Developing/testing on production system is surely one of the most dump thing I can imagine.
Of course everyone will know the password of this test user (I bet it is "test").
Why not just giving "select any table" to public?
Or better "DBA" then you will have no problem to access objects.

Regards
Michel

[Updated on: Wed, 26 December 2007 07:24]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: analysis
Next Topic: What does latch explain?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Sep 18 18:29:04 CDT 2024