Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » date of database refresh
date of database refresh [message #293044] Thu, 10 January 2008 13:09 Go to next message
lotusdeva
Is there a table/view that shows when a particular instance was last refreshed?

thank you!
Re: date of database refresh [message #293046 is a reply to message #293044] Thu, 10 January 2008 13:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
Refreshed? What do you mean refreshed? A database is not refreshed.

Regards
Michel
Re: date of database refresh [message #293066 is a reply to message #293046] Thu, 10 January 2008 15:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lotusdeva
I meant refresh of test database from production schema. I need to know if there is a way to find out the date when this took place.

[Updated on: Thu, 10 January 2008 15:16]

Report message to a moderator

Re: date of database refresh [message #293068 is a reply to message #293044] Thu, 10 January 2008 15:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSwan
>I meant refresh of test database from production schema. I need to know if there is a way to find out the date when this took place.
Yes, there is a way. Ask your DBA to assist answering your question.
Re: date of database refresh [message #293070 is a reply to message #293068] Thu, 10 January 2008 15:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lotusdeva
He is not sure, that is why I am asking.
Re: date of database refresh [message #293071 is a reply to message #293044] Thu, 10 January 2008 15:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSwan
>He is not sure, that is why I am asking.
Then get a new DBA!
It is YOUR data & YOUR procedures.
Surely you can find a date field in some table that gets the "current" timestamp.
What is the MAX value of it?
Re: date of database refresh [message #293072 is a reply to message #293071] Thu, 10 January 2008 15:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lotusdeva
Then get a new DBA!
Surely you can find a date field in some table that gets the "current" timestamp.
What is the MAX value of it?

You know, this is not the first time when you jump to answer my questions in this rude manner. Maybe you have nothing beter to do, I dont know. I consider this forum to be very beneficial where professional people can share their experience. "If you dont know, go ask", etc. I dont think that is nice and is sure enough not professional. I DONT know, so I asked. Isn't it what this forum intented for - asking when you dont know? So please, pretty please, with a sugar on top, if you dont have anything useful to contribute, dont answer my posts.
Re: date of database refresh [message #293077 is a reply to message #293072] Thu, 10 January 2008 16:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
>> I need to know if there is a way to find out the date when this took place.
Before you start assuming things,
your post does not really help us to help you.
You have never mentioned how the "refresh" is done.
First you said,
>> when a particular instance was last refreshed?
Then
>>refresh of test database from production schema.
Fact is,
If you used RMAN to do a clone (people call it refresh), the whole database is recreated. You can check v$database.
If you would used export and import, tables/indexes might have been recreated and you can check user_objects.
But again, you DBA might have kept the tables and only purged the data and could have reloaded only the data. Table creation timestamps will not change.
To add with, no version information or any other useful information is provided for us to guess any more.
IMHO, after 100 plus postings, you are no more a newbie here and supposed to know how to ask a question.

If you look close, whatever i said above in several sentences, Anacedent has succinctly put in one line.
Quote:

and went further to give you another solution (checking for a timestamp column in your custom table).
Re: date of database refresh [message #293262 is a reply to message #293077] Fri, 11 January 2008 08:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lotusdeva
I saw your reply yesterday and noticed that you edited your post from :

Quote:

and I went further to give you another solution (checking for a timestamp column in your custom table).

to:

Quote:

If you look close, whatever i said above in several sentences, Anacedent has succinctly put in one line.

I think you and anacent are the same person, but frankly I dont care. The first rule in Orafaq Forum Guide calls for users to be polite, which for some reason you have problems doing when it comes to my posts. I asked a question because I needed this answer. It is you who assumed that we have a dumb dba and that I am a developer who does not know my data. I am not a developer and the dba for this particular system has abruptly left, leaving me to figure out who should be locked out of this db, what objects do not need to be there, etc. So there, it is you who assumed.
Re: date of database refresh [message #293265 is a reply to message #293262] Fri, 11 January 2008 08:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
>>I think you and anacent are the same person, but frankly I dont care.
>> It is you who assumed that we have a dumb dba and that I am a developer who does not know my data.

We never said anything like that and many thanks for demonstrating your ignorance.
You are still not answering "ANY" of the questions asked and how do you expect us to help?
And for it matters, Anacedent gave you a solution.
Re: date of database refresh [message #293266 is a reply to message #293262] Fri, 11 January 2008 08:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
>> I saw your reply yesterday and noticed that you edited your post from
None Edited the posts.
If I did edit my posts, you will see it here, as in this message.
>>I think you and anacent are the same person,
That's very very funny.

[Updated on: Fri, 11 January 2008 08:54]

Report message to a moderator

Re: date of database refresh [message #293271 is a reply to message #293265] Fri, 11 January 2008 09:09 Go to previous message
lotusdeva
I am not going to waiste my time quoting you back and forth. You know what you said. The post looks differenet from the way it did yesterday, hence, it was edited. You are a moderator, but your people skills are at zero. Anyway, life is too beautiful and short (plus I am very busy) to spend it on arguing, have a wonderful day, I will figure out my girly problem myself. ciao.
Previous Topic: OLAP Catalog is Invalid
Next Topic: Oracle is showing Weird data
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Sep 16 05:49:59 CDT 2024