Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » csv file to be loaded from FTP
csv file to be loaded from FTP [message #298069] Mon, 04 February 2008 22:50 Go to next message
manjuwkh

Hi all,
I'm trying to load a .csv File from FTP
But Its not at all able to pick the file, If its more than 250 Bytes, below this size its working fine....
But I can load a Maximum of 2000 bytes file, but its in .txt format....
Can i get some help on this?
I'm on a Linux Platform...

Thanks,

Re: csv file to be loaded from FTP [message #298075 is a reply to message #298069] Mon, 04 February 2008 23:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSwan
>Can i get some help on this?
Can you explain what your question has to do with Oracle and/or PL/SQL at the Expert level?
Re: csv file to be loaded from FTP [message #298076 is a reply to message #298075] Mon, 04 February 2008 23:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
manjuwkh

Yeah,
I coded using pl/sql to pick a file from Unix, then put into FTP. Then read that file & load the data to d/b tables..
So on my validations continue...
Now my prob is am unable to pick a csv file, whose size is above 250 bytes..
Hope u got my point..

Thanks for your response...
Re: csv file to be loaded from FTP [message #298078 is a reply to message #298069] Mon, 04 February 2008 23:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSwan
>Hope u got my point..
Yes, you are complaining about a problem but beyond that I have no idea what it may be, how to reproduce it or fix it.

You post NO code.
You post no error code & yet you expect solution(s).

You're On Your Own (YOYO)!
Re: In FTP, csv file Size [message #298081 is a reply to message #298069] Mon, 04 February 2008 23:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mkbhati

Quote:
I'm trying to load a .csv File from FTP

upload or download ?, Which FTP client, Which FTP server, What is your error message. If you expect a reply for your questions in any forum than be kind enough to post enough details about your situation. It is not possible to figure out what you are attempting.

Regards

Manjit Kumar [mkbhati]
Re: In FTP, csv file Size [message #298087 is a reply to message #298081] Tue, 05 February 2008 00:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
manjuwkh

Hi,
am not getting any error msg,
am trying to load a file(data) from a certain loaction to my d/b tables....!
when my code trys to get that file, the System just hangs..

Re: csv file to be loaded from FTP [message #298102 is a reply to message #298069] Tue, 05 February 2008 00:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mkbhati

Quote:
I coded using pl/sql to pick a file from Unix, then put into FTP

No one in this forum can make out what you are attempting to do until you explain your situation clearly. Which built in package you are using for FTP or you are directly manipulating TCP packages and playing with sockets on your own. Do not expect a reply until you explain your situation clearly.

Regards

Manjit Kumar [mkbhati]

Re: csv file to be loaded from FTP [message #298113 is a reply to message #298069] Tue, 05 February 2008 01:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
manjuwkh

Fine,
am not a DBA guy, just got this in morning. am not much aware of FTP..
Tell me one thing, Mode transfer should be ASCII or Binary??
Re: csv file to be loaded from FTP [message #298115 is a reply to message #298069] Tue, 05 February 2008 01:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mkbhati

Quote:
am not a DBA guy, just got this in morning. am not much aware of FTP..

Fine, but what is preventing you from explaining your situation clearly. This forum has a reputation. Forum members are generous enough to answer even silliest questions. So do not hesitate in asking since it is the only secret to learning. No one in this forum is a borne DBA, everybody grew up with time & experience.

Quote:
Tell me one thing, Mode transfer should be ASCII or Binary??

The transfer mode for FTP depend upon file content. if content is binary than use binary mode. If content is text than use text mode. In text mode you get CRLF translations done according to target host during transmission. In binary mode file contents are transmitted as it is without any kind of change or translations during transmission.

Regards

Manjit Kumar [mkbhati]

Re: csv file to be loaded from FTP [message #298125 is a reply to message #298069] Tue, 05 February 2008 01:33 Go to previous message
manjuwkh

Thanks Yaar Manjeet, for your time

It got solved, i was using ASCII mode
File contains both Text as well binary data.

But, with Binary its working fine....
So, will go with it...
Thanks all....
Previous Topic: copy 8i oracle software
Next Topic: Client Process not killed after database reboot
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Sep 16 05:45:43 CDT 2024