Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » DBA (10g,R2,Linux RH)
icon4.gif  DBA [message #298652] Thu, 07 February 2008 00:22 Go to next message
micro_oracle

Please all

I need a response from your kind side regarding a problem occured in our new system

description :

- We have a 10g R2 oracle DB running on Linux (RedHat)
- All Sessions established between clients and DB server got disconnected after certain period (around 5 minuts) if those sessions were inactive during this perion (5 Min)
- the first step of diagnose I did is : I had checked the default profile settings through OEM 10g and I found the Idle Time parameter set to - Unlimited
- I checked the sqlnet.ora to make sure that no manual parameter was entered there and controlling the idle session time and I found the file clear also

- I did a tries to connect to DB through OEM and the same story happend that session after 5 min got disconnected or killed

- I asked the system implementor guys if they have any script or triggers which check the inactive sessions for more than 5 min and kill them and they replied negatively

- today I made my last diagnoses on the DB that I connect direct to the server (linux) and open a sql session from command prompt
[oracle@oracle-Dev -]$ sqlplus

SQL*Plus: Release 10.1.0.3.0 - Production on Thu Feb 7 10:18:52 2008

Copyright (c) 1982, 2004, Oracle. All rights reserved.

Enter user-name:myname
Enter password:

and I started my session for more than 2 hours and more than 20 minutes of idle time but I didn't got session disconnection and my session is alive till the moment

now I need to get answer about : why sessions got disconnected while they are connected on the network
and from where I can trace the error is it exist

please answer me and appreciating your replies

thanks
Re: DBA [message #298654 is a reply to message #298652] Thu, 07 February 2008 00:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
Activate a SQL*Net trace on a client and see what happens.

See Database Net Services Reference
Chapter 5 Profile Parameters (sqlnet.ora)
TRACE% parameters.

What error get the session when they are disconnected?

Regards
Michel
Re: DBA [message #298656 is a reply to message #298654] Thu, 07 February 2008 00:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
micro_oracle

I got the following error

select * from dba_tables
ERROR at line 1:
ORA-12571: TNS:packet writer failure

Re: DBA [message #298662 is a reply to message #298652] Thu, 07 February 2008 01:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mshrkshl
you have one of the following problem:-

http://www.cryer.co.uk/brian/oracle/ORA12571.htm

regards,
Re: DBA [message #298730 is a reply to message #298652] Thu, 07 February 2008 06:20 Go to previous message
mkbhati

1. Oracle Profile - Ruled out
2. No Drop on Local connections - Local OS & Oracle problems Ruled out.
3. Only Remote connections getting dropped- Yes / No
4. If yes in # 3 than Rule out Firewall / NAT / network issues one by one. If no than is disconnect time constant or variable.
5. Rule out by connecting from windows & Unix/linux hosts if you have access to them. Some windows versions (XP) have network/domain related issues.
6. Proceed logically one by one & you may be able to hit the root cause.

Regards

Manjit Kumar
Previous Topic: Oracle 10g in Window 2003 64 bit Os Installation problem
Next Topic: SNMP TRAP IN GRID
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Sep 16 05:58:39 CDT 2024