Home » RDBMS Server » Security » Knowing the running proudct
Knowing the running proudct [message #299196] Sun, 10 February 2008 10:14 Go to next message
Lama
Dear All,

I have a situation that i want to give access to a specific user only to the form runtime, I tried creating trigger on the database but am not sure from where i get the product used if it's sqlplus ,forms builder or runtime...

Best Regards,
Lama
Re: Knowing the running proudct [message #299199 is a reply to message #299196] Sun, 10 February 2008 10:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
v$session.module, v$session.program.
SYS_CONTEXT

Regards
Michel
Re: Knowing the running proudct [message #299200 is a reply to message #299196] Sun, 10 February 2008 10:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
It wont work.
Assume that you have blocked the user from using sqlplus.exe through a trigger. All the user needs to do is, rename sqlplus.exe to anything.exe and bypass the trigger.
>>i want to give access to a specific user only to the form runtime
Then install only the required tools.

EDIT:
And, Michel was faster Smile

[Updated on: Sun, 10 February 2008 10:24]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Knowing the running proudct [message #299256 is a reply to message #299196] Mon, 11 February 2008 01:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lama
install only the required tools!!!! am working with IT people here so even if installed only the runtime they will install all the other products !!!!!
Re: Knowing the running proudct [message #299259 is a reply to message #299256] Mon, 11 February 2008 01:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
They should not.
If you only need a client, they should install only the client and not the tools.
You should report this to your manager if they don't want to do it.
Workarounding an organizational problem with a technical solution is ALWAYS a bad solution.

Regards
Michel
Re: Knowing the running proudct [message #299265 is a reply to message #299196] Mon, 11 February 2008 01:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lama
My Manager told me to do so...
we are doing a shared database for all clients that are having active loans in 7 organization , so they can check if one client is already is an active client in another organization but without knowing which organization...but in the db there should be a column to specify that organization but i will not show it to the user...

Now we are sure that the MIS depts in these companies will try their best to enter sql, toad or whatever other product where they can c all the data ....

Sad that's why i only want to give them access to the runtime
Re: Knowing the running proudct [message #299297 is a reply to message #299265] Mon, 11 February 2008 05:07 Go to previous message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
>>am working with IT people here so even if installed only the runtime they will install all the other products
So?. How long will it take to rename an executable file and bypass your "security"? Smile
>>whatever other product where they can c all the data
Then secure the data. Look into VPD (virtual private database).
Previous Topic: Encrypt Data in a column in a table
Next Topic: Restriction on Application Level Users
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 16:37:29 CDT 2024