Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » Restrict the system connecting to the database
icon9.gif  Restrict the system connecting to the database [message #301841] Fri, 22 February 2008 00:03 Go to next message
dhanumolu
Hi all,

We are using Oracle9i database with 7 instances running on the same server. One of the instance is been used by 15 members with same user to connect to the database.
As there is limitation that only 3 members should connect to that instance. While other users should connect to other instances.
Is there any way to restrict the system IP for that particular instace. I appreciate any help from u.

Thanks in Advance.
Dilip
Re: Restrict the system connecting to the database [message #301848 is a reply to message #301841] Fri, 22 February 2008 00:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
You can use a logon trigger.
CREATE TRIGGER
SYS_CONTEXT to check IP.

Regards
Michel
Re: Restrict the system connecting to the database [message #301874 is a reply to message #301848] Fri, 22 February 2008 02:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dhanumolu

Hi Michel,

Thanks for your immediate response. Could u help me to create the trigger to restrict for particular IP as all of them are using the same 'USER' to connect to the database
Re: Restrict the system connecting to the database [message #301875 is a reply to message #301874] Fri, 22 February 2008 02:14 Go to previous message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
SYS_CONTEXT function gives you the IP (just have a look at the link I gave).
In addition to the link previous link on CREATE TRIGGER, read Application Developer's Guide - Fundamentals, Chapter 9 Coding Triggers, there are examples of trigger.
More I'm just seeing that in LOGON trigger you can use a variable named ora_client_ip_address that directly gives you the IP. Good chapter to (re)read!

Regards
Michel

[Updated on: Fri, 22 February 2008 02:14]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: Does the Index which was moved to the other tablespace would be rebuilt concurrency?
Next Topic: Tablespace autoextend
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Sep 16 05:46:58 CDT 2024