Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » 'SYS' User login error (WIN XP)
'SYS' User login error [message #306404] Fri, 14 March 2008 01:57 Go to next message
fouzia_2008

HI,
well the problem is that when i try to connect to database through user sys using SQL PLUS tool from client computer then error comes:
Insufficient privileges
Can anyone tell me where problem is coming?

[Updated on: Fri, 14 March 2008 01:59]

Report message to a moderator

Re: 'SYS' User login error [message #306412 is a reply to message #306404] Fri, 14 March 2008 02:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Is it a real world problem or are you just testing your skills? Because, you probably won't get the answer on the Test forum. Would you like us to move it to a more appropriate one?
Re: 'SYS' User login error [message #306602 is a reply to message #306412] Fri, 14 March 2008 22:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fouzia_2008

It is a real world problem.The envirinment is like this:
Oracle 10g is install on LINUX RED HAT server and i m trying to connect to database through client computer.On client side WIN XP is install and when i open SQL PLUS tool and provide these values:
sys/password@database as sysdba
then error comes INSUFFICIENT PRIVILEGES.
Please i need a solution of this problem.Can anyone help me? Sad

Re: 'SYS' User login error [message #306614 is a reply to message #306602] Sat, 15 March 2008 02:02 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
As a new user, you'd probably want to read OraFAQ Forum Guide; it will help you better understand how to properly ask a question. As you've probably seen, we have numerous forums - choose the most appropriate one and put a question there. This time, I'll move it.

We also offer Search engine which will probably find answer to many of your questions (the same goes for this one; you certainly aren't the very first user who can not connect to the database).

Perhaps you'd be interested in reading this recent thread; it might help you solve the problem.
Previous Topic: Migrating Database from Windows to Linux
Next Topic: Segment space release - ASM
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Sep 16 05:14:04 CDT 2024